Acceptable use policy
This Acceptable Use Policy (together with our Terms of Website Use ('Terms') and any other documents referenced in it) governs the way in which you may access Our Site. It applies to all HulaHub Members and Guests to Our Site.
Your use of Our Site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this Acceptable Use Policy, which supplement our Terms. All definitions in our Terms apply to this Acceptable Use Policy.
1 Content standards
These content standards apply to any and all material that you contribute to Our Site ('Contributions'). You must comply with the following standards.
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions);
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- contain any material that is defamatory of any person;
- contain any material that is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material or violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another person's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they emanate from Us, if this is not the case;
2 Prohibited uses
We do our best to keep Our Site safe and to protect the safety of HulaHub Members, but We cannot guarantee this. We need your help with this and require you to comply with the following rules:
- You must not misuse Our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful, you must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to Our Site.
- You will not collect HulaHub Members content or information, or otherwise access Our Site using automated means.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing or use Our Site for junk mail, spam or as a pyramid or similar scheme.
- You will not post content that is threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not post content on Our Site that infringes or violates the rights of a HulaHub member or any other person.
- You will not access an account belonging to another HulaHub Member and must not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on Our Site.
- You will not use Our Site or HulaHub Services to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory and you will not bully, intimidate, or harass any HulaHub Member.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper functionality or appearance of Our Site or HulaHub Services.
- You will not facilitate or encourage violation of our Terms.
We can remove any content or information you post on Our Site if We believe that it violates our Acceptable Use Policy.
3 Interactive services
We may from time to time provide interactive services on Our Site, including, without limitation: Chat rooms and Bulletin boards ('Interactive Services').
Where We do provide any Interactive Services, We will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used.
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for HulaHub Members from third parties when they use any Interactive Services provided on Our Site. However, We are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any Interactive Services We provide on Our Site, and We expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a HulaHub Member or Guest in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
4 Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy through your use of Our Site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, We may take such action as We deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this Acceptable Use Policy constitutes a material breach of Our Terms upon which you are permitted to use Our Site, and may result in Us taking all or any of the following actions:
- Issuing a warning to you.
- The immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use Our Site.
- The immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to Our Site.
- Bringing legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Taking further legal action against you.
- The disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as We reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this Acceptable Use Policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and We may take any other action We reasonably deem appropriate.
5 Changes to this Acceptable Use Policy
We may revise this Acceptable Use Policy at any time, in which case We will update the 'last updated' date referred to below. Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this Acceptable Use Policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on Our Site.
Your continued use of Our Site and HulaHub Services, following the changes to this Acceptable Use Policy constitutes your acceptance of the changes We have made.
This Acceptable Use Policy was last updated on 16th September 2016.